Fix a busted leaf blower

Doing some yard work at the Mother-in-laws, and we go to use the blower and get… Nothing.  So I took the unit home for a hopefully  quick fix.

Found a very corroded switch.


By investigating the switch I found that it was a 3 position switch, Off/High/Low.  The low setting is achieved by connecting a resistor from the low setting to the high setting so only 1 connection was needed originally.

I bypassed the switch by adding a simple spade connector, allowing the blower to just turn on when plugged in.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *